What is NESL ?
A set of libraries for Silverlight developers that allow them to access some really cool features of Windows 7 from their Silverlight applications.
- Take advantage of sensors like accelerometers, light sensors, compasses, GPS etc.
- Access content from connected portable devices like music players and digital cameras.
- Capture and create video from webcams and screen output
- Use speech recognition and text to speech capabilities.
- Integrate with the Windows 7 taskbar (Jump Lists, Icon Overlays, Taskbar Progress etc.)
- And more…
What is in NESL ?
- A set of native runtime libraries and a paired set of Silverlight libraries
- Developer Guide(coming soon!!) and API documentation
- Video Travel Journal – Concept video recording application that illustrates video and screen capture, portable device access, Windows 7 taskbar integration, Bing Maps integration and Facebook upload.
- Where’s Teddy ? – An animated children’s story book that illustrates speech recognition, text to speech, sensors (accelerometer and light sensor)
- Source Code – All Silverlight libraries and sample applications are supplied with source code.
Where can you find it ?
- Code Gallery – http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/nesl